The Dublin, Georgia Weight Loss Surgery Program at Fairview Park Hospital began in 2017 as a means to offer bariatric services to rural, middle Georgia, and provide quality patient care to this community. Prior to starting this program, a small handful of bariatric patients were traveling to metropolitan regions to receive bariatric care. However, the great majority were not doing anything to cure their obesity.
The goal when the Dublin, Georgia Weight Loss Surgery Program at Fairview Park Hospital began was to generate enough volume in this rural startup market that they could achieve a Center of Excellence and maintain consistent surgical coverage. The challenge was finding the untapped market potential without cannibalizing the surrounding bariatrics centers.
Within 18 months, the Fairview Park Bariatric Program achieved their Center of Excellence. Since the start of their program, they have doubled their surgery volume year over year. Through traditional means of physician marketing and a robust digital presence, the Dublin bariatric center has grown to sustain consistent surgical coverage and maintained their Center of Excellence.
Since the bariatric program began at Fairview Park Medical Center, the surgery volume has seen significant growth. The majority of bariatric patients that are having weight loss surgery at Fairview Park Hospital are referred from surrounding physicians, which accounts for around 80% of surgeries completed. The other 20% of bariatric patients found out about this bariatric center through digital marketing.