Diabetes is an endocrine (hormonal) disorder characterized by frequently high blood sugar levels over a prolonged period of time. In this guide, we go over everything you need to know about diabetes including how to diagnose and treat this disease.
Learn, diagnose, treat.
Diabetes mellitus (DM) is an endocrine (hormonal) disorder characterized by frequently high blood sugar levels over a prolonged period of time. Our glucose (sugar) levels in our blood are tightly regulated by insulin (a hormone made by the pancreas), which is designed to keep our blood sugar level in a reasonably narrow range. When the glucose levels in the blood are persistently too high, this will ultimately impact the body’s organs and tissues, resulting in long-term damage and possibly death.
What’s included in the Diabetes Guide:
- Definition of diabetes and statistics
- Types and Symptoms of diabetes
- Diagnosis and treatment of high blood sugar levels
- Lifestyle shanges for diabetes management
- How weight loss surgery cures diabetes