Bariatric Centers of America, LLC (“Bariatric Centers of America,” or “we,” “our,” or “us”) respects your privacy, and we are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- on our Website;
- in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and our Website;
- when you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
- when you interact with a Bariatric Centers of America partnered bariatric clinic
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Bariatric Centers of America or any third party;
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Note, Bariatric Centers of America is not a medical group. Any consult requests submitted or obtained through our Website are provided by independent medical practitioners at the partnered bariatric clinic, which are independent medical groups with a network of United States-based bariatric surgeons, medical weight loss physicians, health coaches, and other healthcare professionals (each, a “Provider”). Your own medical provider is responsible for providing you with a Notice of Privacy Practices describing its collection and use of your health information, not Bariatric Centers of America. If you do not agree to be bound by those terms, you are not authorized to access or use our Website, and you must promptly exit our Website.
Personal Information We Collect From You
We collect different types of information about you, including information that may directly identify you, information that is about you but individually does not personally identify you, and information that we combine with our other users. That includes information that we collect directly from you or through automated collection technologies.
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, specifically information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, address, e-mail address, telephone numbers, date of birth, your medical history, and health information (“Personal Data”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as traffic data, logs, referring pages/links, date and time of your visit to our Website, error information, clickstream data, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website; or
- about your Internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- directly from you when you provide it to us;
- automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies; and
- From third parties, for example, our business partners and Providers.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website is:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, using our Provider consultation services, purchasing products, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website;
- records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us; and
- details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
You also may provide information to be transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, specifically:
- details of your visits to our Website, such as traffic data, location, logs, referring/exit pages, date and time of your visit to our Website, error information, clickstream data, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website; and
- information about your computer, Internet connection, specifically your IP address and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include Personal Data or we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Data we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests; and
- recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
Permitted Use of Your Information and Disclosures
We use your Personal Data for various purposes described below, including to:
- provide our Website to you;
- provide products and services to you;
- provide you with information you request from us;
- enforce our rights arising from contracts;
- notify you about changes; and
- provide you with notices about your account.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Data:
- to present our Website and its contents to you;
- to provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- to contact you in response to a request;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- to administer quizzes, surveys, sweepstakes, promotions and contests;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- to notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through them;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- for any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you, including through newsletters. If you wish to opt-out of receiving such communications, you may do so at any time by clicking unsubscribe at the bottom of these communications.
Disclosures Related To Communications With You Or Your Family
- to your bariatric provider whom you are working with;
- to third-party service providers that we use to support our business;
- to a company we merge, acquire, or that buys us, or in the event of a change in the structure of our company of any form;
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- to enforce our rights; and
- with your consent.
- to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business. The services provided by these organizations include providing IT and infrastructure support services, patient navigation, and digital marketing;
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Bariatric Centers of America about our Website users are among the assets transferred;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, we may disclose your personal information to your bariatric surgeon and bariatric care team;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- with your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Data:
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Bariatric Centers of America, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Your Rights and Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
You can review and change your Personal Data by emailing us at email@example.com and we will make any changes in any Personal Data we have about you to ensure that it is complete, accurate, and as current as possible. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your account within our system. We may also not be able to accommodate your request if we believe it would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We offer you choices on how you can opt-out of our use of tracking technology, disclosure of your Personal Data for our advertising to you, and other targeted advertising.
We do not control the collection and use of your information collected by third parties described above in Disclosure of Your Information. These third parties may aggregate the information they collect with information from their other customers for their own purposes.
In addition, we strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Data you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with control over your Personal Data:
- Promotional Offers from Bariatric Centers of America. If you do not wish to have your email address used by Bariatric Centers of America to promote our own products and services, you can opt-out at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email or other marketing communications you receive from us. This opt-out does not apply to information provided to Bariatric Centers of America as a result of a product purchase, or your use of our services.
- Targeted Advertising. To learn more about interest-based advertisements and your opt-out rights and options, visit the Digital Advertising Alliance and the Network Advertising Initiative websites (aboutads.info and www.networkadvertising.org ). Please note that if you choose to opt-out, you will continue to see ads, but they will not be based on your online activity. We do not control the third-party collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can also opt-out of receiving targeted ads from members of the NAI on its website.
Complaints and Contact Information
How to Contact Us:
For general inquiries:
Attn: Office Manager
Bariatric Centers of America, LLC
2101 Central Avenue
Augusta, GA, 30904
Telephone: (833) 295-6603